Image courtesy of DreamWorks Animation
"Kung Fu Panda" is the movie that introduced us to Kung Fu in our childhood and inevitably made every one of us want to learn their cool tricks.
Obviously, we did not know the difficulty level of those seemingly cool stunts in childhood just like we missed on all the important lessons the movies passed on to us. Master Shifu, Master Oogway, and others had some really interesting pearls of wisdom for us.
- “Your mind is like this water, my friend. When it is agitated, it becomes difficult to see. But if you allow it to settle, the answer becomes clear.” -Master Oogway
Do your best to not judge a situation or, even worse, conclude it, when you are mad, sad or not in your best mood. You can’t proceed forward if your mind is clouded.
- “You’ve gotta let go of that stuff from the past because it just doesn’t matter! The only thing that matters is what you choose to be now.” -Po
Replaying the past over and over again doesn’t change it, and wishing things were different doesn’t make it so. In some cases, especially when it comes to the past, all you can do is accept whatever it is you’re holding on to and then let it go.
- “Time is just an Illusion, there is only the now” -Master Shifu
- “Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, and today is a gift, that’s why they call it present.” -Master Oogway
We just can’t change the history and our past. Whatever happened, and we just can’t do anything to change. So, if you are getting stuck in the past, it is time for you to let go. As for the future, we can only hope and envision the best of it. No one can read the future, I can’t. Hence, all we can do is to hope for the best and dream that everything will work out perfect for us.
- “If you only do what you can do, you will never be more than who you are right now.” -Master Shifu
There is only one time and place where you can be and have any control over: the present moment.
- “You are always concerned about what was and what will be.” -Master Oogway
Don’t care about the past and future. You can’t control it.
- “Before the battle of the fist comes the battle of the mind.” -Master Shifu
- “Your story may not have such a happy beginning but that does not make you who you are, it is the rest of it- who you choose to be.” – Soothsayer
Many times, in our lives, we will face challenges and uncertainties. We may not always have good times, there are tough times and we may feel that everything is going against us. However, tough times don’t define us. When you are having difficulties in life, it doesn’t mean that it is the end of the world. Adversities and setbacks don’t make us who we are; it is the strength to overcome them that makes us strong and how we perceive the future that makes us who we are.
- “One often meets his destiny on the road he takes to avoid it.” -Master Oogway
- “Your real strength comes from being your best you.” -Po
- “You will never fulfill your destiny until you let go of the illusion of control.” -Master Oogway
- “Sometimes we do the wrong things, for the right reasons.” -Mr.Ping
- “The sign of a true hero is humility.” -Master Shifu
- “Anything is possible when you have inner peace” -Master Shifu
- “You are the master of your destiny: no one and nothing can come in between you and your destiny except you. Take destiny by the horns and have fun.” -Po
You are who you are and where you are right now because of all your decisions and your own actions. No one can decide how you live your life, and no one can force you to do things if you don’t want to. If you can read this article in my blog, it simply means that you have enough freedom to choose how you can live your life. If you hate your work, you can just call your boss and tell him that you want to resign. It is your own thinking that stops you from getting what you want. It is your own excuse saying that you can’t quit because you have too many commitments and stuff. It is your thinking that is stopping you. You are stopping yourself from moving forward and change. When you understand that you are in control of your life, nothing can come in between what you and what you want, except you. So, have fun enjoying the life that you created for yourself.
- “You don’t need to meditate for hours and hours to attain inner peace and enlightenment. You need only see, feel and act from the heart. Let the heart guide you to your peaceful enlightenment.”-Po
Learn from your heart and your intuition. Your heart feeling will guide you through life. Too often, we depended too much with facts and figures. We think without really using our heart. Listening to your heart and follow your intuition is not something mystical. In fact, the more you rely on them the more accurate and effective they are going to be. So, trust your intuition and listen closely to your heart. They can help you in every aspect of your life.
- “Don’t push past memories deeper inside of yourself. Let those memories breathe and let old wounds heal.”-Po
You can’t go forward if you are stuck in the past. If you want to go fast and go forward, let go of the past. So if you think that you are useless and amount to nothing, stop thinking that way because whatever happened in the past, doesn’t determine your future. How can you grow and live a successful life if you always stuck in your past and keep telling yourself that you are no good?
- “There are no accidents” -Master Oogway
Things happened for a reason, and there are no accidents.
Sometimes you just need to hold back and take a rest in order to go forward. Now, take this chance to watch this movie if you haven’t. And in case you had watched it, try to recall the moments and learn from these inspirational quotes.
I hope you enjoy these lives changing and inspirational quotes from "Kung Fu Panda."