Vermicelli pulao is one of the easiest and tasty recipes. It requires some time to prepare and is best eaten on any day. There are a few other vermicelli recipes that create excellent tiffin products for youngsters, and I attempt to think outside the box every time specially for weekends lunch. Nevertheless, some few vermicelli recipes, such as vermicelli Pulao, would always be my favorites. The method is very similar to that of making a carrot pulao or any kind of vegetable pulao, as just rice is replaced with fried roasted vermicelli. Olive oil, ghee or butter is used in the heat treatment process, alongside fresh curry and mint leaves and spices such as cumin seeds, cloves, cinnamon, cardamom, and fennel seeds, to offer the vermicelli pulao an enticing aroma and flavor.
The ingredients used for this recipe are ghee/olive oil, two cups vermicelli, green chilies, red onion, tomato, zucchini, French beans, cottage cheese, green peas, carrot, sweet corn, potatoes, coriander leaves, curry leaves, mint leaves, cloves, green cardamom, cinnamon stick, cumin seeds, fennel seeds, mustard seeds, bay leaf, fresh grated coconut or coconut water, turmeric seeds, ginger, black pepper, tomato sauce, and lemon.
Let’s start the process of making Vermicelli pulao:
- Heat the pan on medium high flame, add ghee/olive oil.
- Then add cumin seeds, fennel seeds, mustard seeds, once it will be a little brown add cloves, green cardamom, cinnamon stick, cumin seeds, fennel seeds, mustard seeds, bay leaf, cloves, and start sauté them.
- Add green chilies, red onion, sauté them for three to four minutes until it gets lightly roasted reddish. Then add curry leaves, mint leaves, grated ginger.
- Now add tomato, zucchini, French beans, cottage cheese, green peas, carrot, sweet corn, grated coconut, and potatoes. Sauté them for five to six minutes.
- Add one cup of water, mix them well. Cover the lid. Switch the flame to medium.
- Add lemon juice, tomato sauce and mix them well.
- Now add roasted vermicelli. Reduce the flame to low, cover the pan with the lid, cook it for next six to seven minutes until all the veggies and the vermicelli get cooked.
- Remove the lid, add coriander leaves, mix them well.
- Delicious vermicelli pulao is ready, you can serve with curd.